Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Corn Dog Muffins

I saw this posted on Pinterest and had to try it! It is super simple and a way to have a corndog without the extra oil (or if you are me, the risk of setting the kitchen on fire from that much oil)

Start out with a basic corn bread recipe, I followed the instructions on the box.  This would also be super easy with Jiffy muffin mix.

Recipe from the box of Quaker Yellow Corn Meal

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

(extra step I had to take was calling the neighbor in a panic because I forgot I was out of baking powder)

Get your dry ingredients out (yes my mixing bowl is a soup bowl. Why? My mixing bowls are holding fruit =P)

Mix in your wet

Cut your hot dog, I cut each one into thirds

Pour your batter into greased muffin tins (I used full size, but mini would have been even better!)

Pop in your hot dogs

Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes and tada!

They really were not half bad! And about as healthy as a corn dog could get

No comments:

Post a Comment